Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Pre-Drywall Inspection


We had our personal inspection today and it went well.  The inspector arrived and got started before our PM got there.  I don’t understand why my PM doesn’t want anyone in the house without him, but I’m glad our inspector went on in and got started.   I’m happy to say that our inspector only found one thing that will hopefully clear itself. 
 
My family currently lives in a 12 year old Ryan Home that we didn’t build.  There are so many things that were not done correctly with our current home that it would not be smart for us to go without our personal inspector. Thankfully, we haven’t had any major issues, but the quality of work was definitely not a priority.  I’m on the board for our HOA and the stories people have about building with Ryan are crazy.   While this was 12 years ago and I do think that Ryan is making a better effort, I would 100% recommend that everyone get inspections during various points in this process just to protect yourself.   

When speaking with our inspector he did say that he usually doesn’t see many problems with pre-drywall, but problems with the finishes that are put in the house…..issues with drywall and various installations.   We most definitely will be using him again before closing and before our 1-year warranty expires.

No comments:

Post a Comment