The carpet in our bedroom needed some work. We could see the carpet pad at the edge of the carpet. This was fixed today and looks much better.
The rails to our steps were replaced today. We had a mini walk-thru before our official new home orientation. During this time we noticed our rails were not the correct color. They attempted to re-stain them and they just did not look good. I'm very happy that our PM suggested that they be replaced. They look wonderful now!
There was a hump in the landing at the top of the stairs. They had the framers come back to repair this. This was a very loud repair, lol.
Our microwave has been a collector of drywall dust. I'm positive that I've cleaned the microwave more than any other item in this house. Every time we open it, there is dust. I clean it and more dust. So today they took out the microwave and found dust on top of it. They cleaned it off and vacuumed behind the microwave and hopefully we won't have any more dust.
We had the crown moulding on one of our cabinets repaired. During this, we discovered a hole. Not too happy about that, but it was covered with the moulding. I just think that some sort of patching should have happened before the moulding was put on, but that's just my opinion. It was patched today so we are happy.
There were some other minor things like trim and paint and a tiny piece of tile, but nothing else major.
In a couple of weeks there will be some more repairs.....
We have a crack in one of our cabinets. Nothing huge, but its a crack. Our PM has to order the cabinet and it will be installed along with the other repairs.
Our back yard looks pretty bad. I know that Ryan isn't going to seed our entire lot, but we currently have nothing but mud and rocks. Our PM is going to have the landscaper come back and rake the lot and put down new seed. Hopefully we will have some grass in the upcoming weeks.
The exterior will be taken care of....it definitely needs some TLC. There will be some painting and caulking and power washing. It will definitely look nice when they are done. The winter weather is to blame for this!
Overall our 30 day went well. Our PM addressed every.single.item we pointed out. He answered every question and we are very pleased with all the repairs. I love our house!
Now for the fun stuff. I'm definitely happy with the progress of our house. We are down to very few boxes and are getting settled in quite nicely. Hopefully we will get some curtains up soon! We are trying to use a lot of the things we already had. Of course I've purchased some new items and will purchase more at some point, but I'm trying to be thrifty. We have a lot more space to decorate and we are on a budget. I'm trying really hard to do one room at a time, but it's not working out so well for me, lol. Here are some progress pictures....from my cell phone.
My picture wall....I'm very proud of this!