Sunday, December 28, 2014

First "Big" Purchase!

Farm tables seem to be all the craze nowadays!  I love the way they look.  There are so many styles and I love them all.  I have been searching all over for a table that wouldn't break the bank.  I've looked in furniture stores, thrift stores, Facebook, Craigslist, and so many other local places.  I've talked to several people about making a custom table and trying to find out an option that works for my family.  With 2 young kids, I needed something durable and practical.  

Well last night I was looking on Craigslist and I think I hit the jackpot!  I found this table and chair set for *drum roll*  $110!!!  Yes, an all wood table and 6 chairs for $110!!  My hubby was skeptical, so we went to check it out today and we are now proud owners of our very own farm table and chairs!   While we were loading up the table and chairs, the couple that sold it to us said that they had a lot of interest in the table and that they priced it too low.  I agree it was a steal, but I'm super happy I found it!

Here is our wonderful purchase!




I think this might be one of my first DIY projects....or I might be getting someone to refinish it for me.  It needs a little TLC, but the previous owners definitely took great care of it.  I want to keep it white, but would like the natural wood color to be a little darker.  I'm in no rush to make this happen.  It will just be added to my long list of "to-do's" for the house.

Here are some of my inspiration pictures that I found on Pinterest.  I would love to get a bench, but the chairs will do for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment