Sunday, December 28, 2014

Week 5

We have a roof with shingles!  With the weather this past week, I didn't think they would get much done.  Needless to say, they did.  We happened to be on our way out of town for Christmas and just wanted to swing by the house and there were people working on the roof.  I have to say that I do feel bad about that....makes me sad to think about the time they were missing out with their families.

Last week I commented about missing windows and now the windows in the front are complete.  We did notice that one of the windows in the family room is now gone....it was there before.  Will this happen the entire process?!?  One minute there is a window and the next it's gone?  Guess it's definitely better for this to happen now than later.

Our porch also popped up this week!  I'm so excited about having a porch.  So far, we are the only house in our community with one. 

Our PM said that wiring and plumbing would happen and I assume that was the case since we saw boxes that once held tubs!  I can't wait to get in the house this week to see what's happening.  I'm bummed that others were able to go to their site at any time and we have a restriction put on us.  It definitely makes for an uneasy feeling like they are hiding something.  Hopefully that is not the case.

Here are some pics of this weeks progress!



 



 


 
 

4 comments:

  1. No shingles, but I was pretty much surprised as you were- to have my house framed and wrapped. My PM restricted us also- we totally ignored it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time we go by the house someone is working! I'm sure they would call on us, lol

      Delete
  2. We got flashlights so we can go at night or weekends and not bother the workers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha... We didn't care and went in whenever we wanted to. Most of the time the contractors would just be doing their thing and wouldn't even pay attention. There are so many people in and out of the home at that stage. Just sneak in! :)

    ReplyDelete